Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We're expecting!

...to buy a dog as soon as we move into our new house, which should be on Saturday, really. Both my parents and Sarah's parents are coming up to help us move. Our parents rule! It's funny how when you're younger, you want to distance yourself from your parents, but the older you get, the more you realize how much you've needed them all along.



So, let's get to the real issue here - what to name the dog.



Here are some we're thinking of:

Sawyer
Locke
Chester
Wedge
Snowball II
Hello Kitty
Cartamundi
Gob
H.W. McBarkington III
Tobias (Toby)
Lord
Vishnu
Calpoly SLO
Goonie
Garbage
Salah
Luuke
Laser Duck
Asian Food
Moutain Dew (only if the dog is extreme)
M.I.A.
Donaldbain
Textile
Gormet
Fisher
Costner
Falco
Astley
Commander
Yoshi
Old Spice
Gearld
Katie Holmes
Canada
Fruit Fucker
Flu-like symptoms
Formica
Shooter
Shitty
Internets
Bob
Mr. Sparkle
Fido

11 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Blogger Michael said...

My top five:

1. Asian Food -- especially if the dog is really adorable.

2. Salah -- I get it.

3. Tobias (Toby) -- Parenthetical name (good idea)

4. Gob -- short

And I'd like to nominate 'Falcor' from Neverending Story. It's like Falco, but different.

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

When I re-read that list, it just makes me realize how little my sense of humor has changed since I was 16.

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Michael said...

I am thankful for that.

 
At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I am partial to the name Sawyer. But Locke and Wedge would be quick calls with only one syllable each.

 
At 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as the "We're expecting" headline, I would expect to get a phone call before the whole world reads about it in your blog ;)

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

Except you and Kravitz are the only two people that read this thing!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Taint Montgomery said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Taint Montgomery said...

Falcor, toby, or nug would be my top picks. And I read ur blog. More pics please, and be sure to integrate them into the dialogue in an irreverent and flowy way.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

"More pics please, and be sure to integrate them into the dialogue in an irreverent and flowy way."

You figured me out!

Also, I'm glad you read my blog too, Kevin. I just didn't know! Also, who likes my new format? Huh? Come on!

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever get another dog (not sure if another dog could really measure up to either Foxie or Cassie), her name will either be Scout (from To Kill a Mockingbird) or Webby (from Duck Tales).

And it is a big "IF"!!

 
At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way, dude, three people are reading your blog if you count Kevin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home